There’s 2 ways we repair Gyprock™ ceilings. The first is by re-screwing the Gyporck™ sheets back into the rafters (no warranty). Then we plaster all screw holes and tape and flush any large cracks.
The second option is similar to the first, however we enter the roof space and install fibreglass straps the back of the Ceiling Board over the timber rafters – this method is covered by our 10 year warranty.
The Fix It Ceiling Difference (how we do it)
- Timber rafters are located and ceiling’s propped or pushed back and then screwed back in place approx 100mm apart.
- Once ceiling is screwed in place, 3 coats of plaster will be applied to flush the screw holes.
- A return visit to larger jobs will be required to sand back plaster ready for painting.
- Any visible join lines will be re flushed and sanded to hide bad joins. (sanding is done with an electric sander that has a vacuum attached to keep dust to a minimum)
- Job is cleaned and left neat and tidy
- Add Fibreglass strapping to middle of each sheet for (10 year warranty.)
- Add this option on to your gyprock screw up repair to make sure your ceiling stays in place.
- Screwing only will only hold ceilings up until either the glue or Fibre Glass straps are dry. The screwing back up will hold the ceiling in place until the strapping is done and then the strapping is what will hold the ceiling in place for years and years.
- We will then enter the roof space and move any insulation out of the way
- Then the ceiling will be cleaned ready for the fibre glass strapping to be laid
- 1 x strap to the middle of every sheet or where required.
- Insulation is then re installed
- ▪ 10 year warranty on all new straps
A screw up method is also offered for a more cost effective way however does not come with any warranty – contact us to find out more.
subtle shadow lines on the ceiling is sagging gyprock
Insulation removal and replacement
Flushing, screw holes and join cracks
Fixit Ceiling's are absolutely fantastic! The work they did to repair my bedroom ceiling looks brilliant, and the staff who performed the work were very professional and punctual. I would highly recommend them.Charlotte Hastings18/09/19
Came out to quote within a day, sent through quote that day, job done within a week, very happy with the end resultKarina Treacy13/09/19
Mark and the team at Fixit ceilings were absolutely amazing. From the moment I made an enquiry to when the job was complete, everything was handled courteously and professionally. The tradespeople arrived on the arranged date and left the house clean at the end of their work.
I have no hesitation in recommending Fixit ceilings and I would definitely use them again in the future.
Thank you so much.
Katrina, Balcatta.Katrina Tyza04/09/19
Thanks Mick Hendry. Well organized right from the start with the quote to execution of works. Hard working and professional Tradies. Wayne and Baz did an amazing job on our ceiling replacement, fast and efficient. Also Steve the sparkie had no problems with the extras we wanted in the way of new lighting. Great team of workmen. CheersMichael Outram19/08/19
Rang around for cornices fixing in 2 bathrooms and their quote was reasonable. The fixing and painting jobs were done over 2 days and their tradesmen turned up on time and showed care and skills in their work. Now the ceilings are as good as new and I highly recommend Fixit Ceilings.Hoff Ho31/05/19
We've had a few jobs done by Fixit now - including ceiling restrapping, decorative cornice replacement, wall framing insulation and lining, new ceiling including insulation. All the work has been of very high quality, with honest quotes and good advice. Will be back!Heather May Shaw16/04/19
Fixit fitted my bathroom cornices, the complex roof angles and cuts made it a tricky job but the result was exceptional as was the service. Cheers lads!Grant Deuchar22/02/19
Fixit fitted my bathroom cornices, the complex roof angles and cuts made it a tricky job but the result was exceptional as was the service. Cheers lads!Hazel Orme22/02/19
Great work, were happy to work around the skylight installers requirements, left the house clean and tidy after completion.Hayley Armstrong07/02/19
Thanks Fixit Ceilings.
Great job done by the tradies who took care around my home and cleaned up after a long hot day in the roof space.
A professional and organised company that delivers on service and quality of workmanship.Iain Mac06/02/19
Excellent & Honest Service. Prompt, efficient and clean tradespeople. A very professional outfit. I would HIGHLY recommend.Jenny D27/11/18
Incredibly organised group. At every stage you are kept updated with the various teams work. They cleaned up after which was great. Very Big Well done. Will be sure to use them again.Milo Mercado31/10/18