There’s 2 ways we repair Gyprock™ ceilings. The first is by re-screwing the Gyporck™ sheets back into the rafters (no warranty). Then we plaster all screw holes and tape and flush any large cracks.
The second option is similar to the first, however we enter the roof space and install fibreglass straps the back of the Ceiling Board over the timber rafters – this method is covered by our 10 year warranty.
The Fix It Ceiling Difference (how we do it)
- Timber rafters are located and ceiling’s propped or pushed back and then screwed back in place approx 100mm apart.
- Once ceiling is screwed in place, 3 coats of plaster will be applied to flush the screw holes.
- A return visit to larger jobs will be required to sand back plaster ready for painting.
- Any visible join lines will be re flushed and sanded to hide bad joins. (sanding is done with an electric sander that has a vacuum attached to keep dust to a minimum)
- Job is cleaned and left neat and tidy
- Add Fibreglass strapping to middle of each sheet for (10 year warranty.)
- Add this option on to your gyprock screw up repair to make sure your ceiling stays in place.
- Screwing only will only hold ceilings up until either the glue or Fibre Glass straps are dry. The screwing back up will hold the ceiling in place until the strapping is done and then the strapping is what will hold the ceiling in place for years and years.
- We will then enter the roof space and move any insulation out of the way
- Then the ceiling will be cleaned ready for the fibre glass strapping to be laid
- 1 x strap to the middle of every sheet or where required.
- Insulation is then re installed
- ▪ 10 year warranty on all new straps
A screw up method is also offered for a more cost effective way however does not come with any warranty – contact us to find out more.
subtle shadow lines on the ceiling is sagging gyprock
Insulation removal and replacement
Flushing, screw holes and join cracks
Had a good experience with Fixit - great with communication and the work was done well, obviously care about doing a good job. They were a bit rough around the house but cleaned up thoroughly afterwards.Daniel15/03/19
Fixit fitted my bathroom cornices, the complex roof angles and cuts made it a tricky job but the result was exceptional as was the service. Cheers lads!Hazel Orme22/02/19
Had Fix it come and repair water damage in my house and they come on time, were efficient and cleaned everything up after they finished. Will be using again if needed.Ryan Dagnall19/02/19
Thanks Fixit Ceilings.Great job done by the tradies who took care around my home and cleaned up after a long hot day in the roof space.A professional and organised company that delivers on service and quality of workmanship.Iain Mac06/02/19
The team at Fixit Ceilings are craftsmen with exceptional skills. Their workmanship exceeded our expectations.Michael Ryan05/02/19
Incredibly organised group. At every stage you are kept updated with the various teams work. They cleaned up after which was great. Very Big Well done. Will be sure to use them again.Milo Mercado31/10/18
Cannot speak highly enough of Fixit Services. The whole process was so easy,from Sharon in Admin to Mick giving the quote to Scott completing the work.Great customer service and a great job. Highly recommend this companyLeanne Finlayson29/10/18